Monday, March 26, 2007

Traditions

I had the pleasure of taking part in my very first Italian wedding shower over the weekend. What an experience this was! As a bridesmaid, I was a little more involved in the planning but very unaware that there would be a head table at which I would be sitting. I must say , it was like a mini wedding reception with only women. The event was catered by a local Italian company with a light lunch and enough goodies and pastries to feed at least 400 people. And to think this was just the wedding shower. The wedding will take part on a beach which is not traditional for an Italian bride but the reception will follow and will be very traditional with a sit down dinner of at least 8 courses, I am sure. This has been an experience that is very different from my wedding and I am honored to have been included in all the different traditions.

No comments: